Top 10 wildlife tour destinations in North India
Posted On February 22nd, 2017
Wildlife is always a matter of great attraction for the nature lovers and they love exploring such destinations where they can enjoy true essence of wildlife. Those who love to explore the nature, never miss any chance to visit wildlife. North India is famous for existences of wide ranges of wildlife sanctuaries and national parks.
There are many national parks which are established in different parts of India for securing the future and life of endangered species and flora and fauna. India as a country is the land of many national parks. Here we can take details of top 10 wildlife tourist destinations in North India.
- Corbett National Park: Corbett National Park has been named after famous wildlife writer Jim Corbett. The park is famous for preserving tigers, Crocodiles and Leopards. Tourists mainly visit this place to watch fierce Bengal Tigers. It’s a great place to experience true wildlife.
- Valley of flowers national park: Located at the foothills of the great Himalayas, this national park is also a great attraction for the nature lovers. The name suggests that this park is well known for flowers of almost 500 species. Beside flowers, travelers can also observe Himalayan bears, red fox, mountain goats etc. It’s a must to visit destination for people who love the wild greenery.
- Dachigam National Park: From Srinagar this national park is situated at a distance of 22km. The total area of this park is 141 sq km. The presence of Kashmir Stag is very common here.
- Rajaji National Park: In Uttaranchal, this national park is extremely famous for picturesque landscape and existences of wildlife of various species. Jackals, Asian elephants, Indian Hare etc, are some common species here in this park.
- Govind National Park: If you are in Uttarkashi, then you should never miss to visit Govind National Park. White tigers are the main attraction of this national park.
- Nanda Devi National Park: This national park has become quite famous among the travelers due to the presence of various wildlife species. For bird watching, this park is known as quite famous one.
- Great Himapalayn National Park: The national park is rich with different species of mammals, amphibians and birds. The total coverage of this park is 60 km from Kullu.
- Ranthambore National Park: Among other famous national parks in North India, Ranthambor is extremely famous. Once this place was the popular hunting grounds for the Maharajas. Birds and animals of different species are the most attraction here. This national park is spread almost an area of 392 Sqkms.
- Kanwar wildlife Sanctuary: This wildlife sanctuary is covered with an area of 60.7 sq kms. This sanctuary is placed between Shacha and Satupurna hills in Himachal Pradesh.
- Simbalba Wildlife Sanctuary: This wildlife destination is famous for watching Sambhar, chital and birds of various species. The total area of this wildlife sanctuary is 27.88 Sqkms.
Apart from the above 10 there are many other national parks in North India which can boost your thirst for exploring true wildlife.
Sariska Wildlife Sanctuary : The Best Jungle Safaris in Rajasthan
Posted on January 24th, 2023
Sariska Wildlife Sanctuary Overview Sariska Wildlife Sanctuary is famous for the Royal Bengal Tiger. You can go on a jeep and canter safari in Sariska National Park and spot...Read More →
Photography is a hobby So definitely visit these bird sanctuaries of Maharashtra
Posted on December 21st, 2022
Photography is hobby so then you must visit the following bird photography destinations in Maharashtra. You will get to see thousands of rare and endangered species in these spectacular...Read More →
National Parks to Spot Snow Leopards in India
Posted on December 7th, 2022
The Himalayas have some of the best national parks to spot Snow Leopards in India. Snow Leopard is one of the most beautiful wild cat species that is found...Read More →
Top 8 National Parks In Rajasthan For A Perfect Safari In 2023
Posted on September 22nd, 2022
Even though much of Rajasthan is a desert, there are some magnificent national parks here. The forests teem with luxuriant trees and some rare wildlife species. But in the...Read More →
© All Copyright Reserved japjitravel.com
Leave a Comment :