ADMIRE THE BEAUTY OF TAJ MAHAL
Posted On October 27th, 2022
The city of the Taj Mahal, one of the seven wonders of the world, Agra lies on the banks of the river Yamuna in Uttar Pradesh. Agra is said to be the city of love. The very famous epitome of love the “Taj Mahal” stands there proudly humming the eternal love poem of the Mughal emperor Shah Jahan for his love Mumtaz. This city marks the extent of the love of two eternal lovers.
The TLDR of Beauty of Taj Mahal
Tourism in Agra will be quite exciting for those keen on history. It is the city of Mughals where various Mughal monuments are established. Agra tourism will be full of historical enlightenment and about the great Mughal emperors of India, their gigantic monuments, and mesmerizing gardens.
Tourist attractions in Agra –
- The great Taj Mahal – Agra is famous for its Taj Mahal, it is the major tourist attraction of Agra. This pearly white marble mausoleum connotes the imperial beauty of Mughal architecture.
- Akbar’s tomb- It is another excellency of Mughal architecture. One must visit Akbar’s tomb on visiting Agra.
- Agra fort– This grandiose masterpiece is a real treat to your eyes. The architecture, the paintings, and every inch of detailing are really breathtaking. This mixture of Hindu and Muslim architecture is made of red sandstone. Your Agra trip is incomplete if you must take a visit here.
- Fatehpur sikri- One must take a visit to Fatehpur sikri. Though it is in ruins now still you can gain a lot of knowledge about the history there.
- Itmad-ud-Daulah’s Tomb- This white marble monument was built by Mughal empress Noor Jahan in memory of her father Itmad-ud-Daulah. You can include this in your Agra tour package.
You better start planning to visit this historic city. Also, you don’t need to worry about your tour packages Japji travels, the best tour operator in India are here at your service!
Think Beauty of Taj Mahal Is Too Good to Be True? We Have News for You
- The Taj Mahal was built between 1632 and 1648 by Mughal emperor Shah Jahan in memory of his beloved wife Mumtaz Mahal. The construction took 20 years to complete and was inspired by the love story of Emperor Shah Jahan and Mumtaz Mahal, who died after giving birth to their 14th child.
- The Taj Mahal is considered to be one of the greatest architectural wonders of the world. It is located in Agra, India and attracts over six million tourists each year.
- The Taj Mahal consists of white marble and was originally covered in pure white sheets of marble. However, due to pollution and natural elements, the white marble started turning yellow.
- In order to restore the white color of the Taj Mahal, Indian authorities have spent millions of dollars on restoration projects.
- The Taj Mahal’s beauty lies in its symmetry and balance. Its design is based on the Islamic concept of feng shui.
- The Taj Mahal has been featured in many movies including ‘Gandhi’, ‘Slumdog Millionaire’ and ‘Life of Pi’.
- The Taj Mahal holds the Guinness World Record for being the largest mausoleum.
- The Taj Mahal contains the tomb of Mumtaz Mahal along with her husband, Shah Jahan.
- The Taj Mahal stands at a height of 30 meters (98 feet) and is surrounded by gardens and water bodies.
- The Taj Mahal covers an area of about 100 acres (40 hectares).
- The Taj Mahal cost around 2 billion rupees ($30 million) to build.
- The Taj Mahal features intricate carvings and floral designs.
- The Taj Mahal takes approximately two hours to walk around.
- The Taj Mahal attracts over 6 million tourists annually.
Posted on September 19th, 2023
Imagine a land where mist-covered hills embrace lush coffee plantations, where the melodious gurgle of the River Cauvery accompanies your every step, and where ancient temples and monasteries whisper...Read More →
Posted on September 18th, 2023
Uttrakhand is referred as ‘Land of Gods”. It is the second fastest-growing state in India. In Uttarakhand, there are numerous Hindu temples and pilgrimage. It is known for its...Read More →
Posted on September 13th, 2023
Nothing can be more thrilling and exciting than a trip to Sunderbans on a luxury cruise. The Sunderban delta is the largest delta in the world which includes the...Read More →