Top Religious Haridwar Tour Places
Posted On February 22nd, 2023
The gushing water of the River Ganga, holy bells ringing, and the singing of devotional songs is a hint that you have entered the gate of Haridwar. This is a holy city in the northern Indian state of Uttarakhand and is one of the seven holiest places in Hinduism.
Ditch the same old adventure parks, gardens, and malls and enter into a surreal world to purify your mind and soul. Top religious Haridwar tour places will connect you to the spiritual world. Also, the religious activities, architecture and different ceremonies of these religious places is a bliss to your eyes and soul. In this blog, we will discuss the spiritual places to visit and what you can experience and do here.
Religious places to visit in Haridwar
1. Har Ki Pauri
Har Ki Pauri, located in the holy city of Haridwar near Rishikesh is one of the popular religious places and is the best destination to add to your Rishikesh Haridwar Temple journey.
This temple is also famous for its evening Ganga Aarti. If you want a spiritual experience in Uttarakhand, you must visit Har Ki Pauri.
- Mythical significance: Har Ki Pauri is believed to be the place where Lord Vishnu left his footprint on a stone wall, marking it as a sacred site.
- Kumbh Mela: The Kumbh Mela, one of the largest religious festivals in the world, is held every 12 years in Haridwar. Millions of devotees gather at Har Ki Pauri to take a dip in the holy river Ganga during this auspicious occasion.
|Timing||6 am-10 pm|
|Location||Harkipodi, near Krishna dham, Kharkhari, Haridwar, Uttarakhand 249401|
Booking For Tempo Travellers, Innova Crysta For Haridwar Tour
2. Daksha Mahadev Temple
The famous Shiva Temple in Haridwar is Daksha Mahadev Temple. The temple is named after Daksha Prajapati, who was the father of Sati (the wife of Lord Shiva).
The temple’s unique architecture and peaceful surroundings add to the spiritual experience of the visitors.
- Maha Shivratri: The festival of Maha Shivratri is celebrated with great enthusiasm at the Daksha Mahadev Temple. The temple is decorated with lights and flowers, and special rituals are performed throughout the day.
- Kanwar Yatra: The Kanwar Yatra is an annual pilgrimage that takes place during the Hindu month of Shravan (July-August). Devotees carry water from the Ganges River in pots and walk to various Shiva temples, including the Daksha Mahadev Temple, to offer water to the deity.
|Timing||6 am- 7 pm|
|Location||Kanhal, Haridwar, Uttarakhand 249407|
3. Mansa Devi Temple
Located atop the Bilwa Parvat, surrounding the Shivalik hill is the Mansa Devi Temple. This temple is one of the top religious Haridwar tour places to mark your itinerary.
Once you reach the temple, you can get a panoramic view of the city. Make your mind peaceful and enjoy scenic views.
- Makar Sankranti: Makar Sankranti, also known as the Kite Festival, is celebrated as a devotional and enthusiasm day in Mansa Devi Temple. On this day, devotees offer special prayers to the Goddess and fly colourful kites on the temple premises.
- Mansa Devi Fair: The Mansa Devi Fair is held twice a year, in the months of Chaitra (March-April) and Ashwin (September-October). The fair is a major attraction for tourists and devotees, who come to witness the vibrant colours, lively music, and cultural activities.
|Timing||5 am- 9 pm|
|Location||Haridwar, Uttarakhand 249403|
4. Chandi Devi Temple
Surrounded by Neel Parvat hill, Chandi Devi Temple has a picturesque location. The temple is dedicated to Goddess Chandi, and there is a belief that the Goddess fulfils all your wishes.
You can mark this place on your list of places to visit in Haridwar in 2 days. One can easily reach this temple by government buses from anywhere in Haridwar city and town.
- Navratri: The festival of Navratri is celebrated every year with great devotion by people. The temple is decorated and special prayers are made here.
- Chandi Chaudas: This event falls somewhere between September to October. Negative energies are believed to be removed on this day. Chandi Devi temple has special offerings on this day.
|Timing||5 am- 5:30 pm, 6-7 pm|
|Location||Haridwar, Uttarakhand 249408|
5. Vishnu Ghat
An important and scenic place for the devotees of Lord Vishnu is this spiritual Ghat. In case, you are planning a joint trip to Rishikesh and Haridwar, you can consider this place on your Rishikesh Haridwar Temple journey.
If you are on a temple journey, this is a must-visit place. Moreover, you can find many other shrines around this Ghat.
- Ganga Aarti: The daily Ganga Aarti held at Vishnu Ghat is a mesmerizing sight to behold. The aarti is performed at sunset and is a must-see for tourists and devotees.
- Kumbh Mela: The Kumbh Mela, one of the largest religious gatherings in the world, is held every twelve years in Haridwar, and Vishnu Ghat serves as a major venue for the event.
|Timing||12 am-12 pm|
|Location||Vishnu Ghat, Haridwar|
You can find the most appropriate and affordable Tempo Traveller for Delhi To Haridwar, Book Your Luxury Tempo Traveller with Us and Get Best Deal on Tempo Traveller Hire.In
Visit these top religious Haridwar tour places with a positive spiritual vibe. Cleanse your heart as you dip in the holy water of Ganga. When are you heading to Haridwar?
The best time to visit Haridwar for a temple tour is during the winter months of October to February, when the weather is cool and pleasant. The monsoon season, from July to September, is also a good time to visit, as the rain makes the surroundings lush and green. However, it is best to avoid visiting during the summer months of April to June, as the heat can be quite intense.
Yes, there are certain dress codes that visitors are expected to follow while visiting the temples in Haridwar. It is recommended to dress in a simple attire, wearing shorts, sleeveless shirts, and tight-fitting clothes are not allowed. Visitors are also expected to remove their shoes before entering the temple.
If you are a Krishna devotee, which places in India are a must visit?
Posted on May 1st, 2023
Wherever you are in India, there is a Sri Krishna Temple nearby. Such is the popularity of Sri Krishna. We Have a Fleet of Rental Tempo Traveller and Rental...Read More →
10 Best Places to Visit in Ayodhya
Posted on April 29th, 2023
Very ancient place of India which is now famous among the people as a religious place. Due to its religious nature, it attracts lakhs of devotees throughout the year....Read More →
Which Month is Best for Kedarnath Yatra
Posted on March 25th, 2023
Kedarnath, a sacred pilgrimage site nestled amidst the Himalayas, is a popular destination for devotees seeking blessings and peace. However, before embarking on this journey, it’s essential to know...Read More →
Temple in India to visit during Chaitra Navratri
Posted on March 22nd, 2023
Chaitra Navratri has started. Devotees are offering special prayers in the temples of Mata. There is devotional atmosphere all around. Devotees throng the famous Devi temples during Navratri. According...Read More →
© All Copyright Reserved japjitravel.com
Leave a Comment :