Top 8 National Parks In Rajasthan For A Perfect Safari In 2023
Posted On September 22nd, 2022
Even though much of Rajasthan is a desert, there are some magnificent national parks here. The forests teem with luxuriant trees and some rare wildlife species. But in the desert also, you will find animals, birds, and reptiles that thrive even in the inhospitable and harsh desert regions of Rajasthan. These creatures are special and rare and some of them cannot be found anywhere else in India. So make a tour plan in 2023 and visit some of the famous national parks in Rajasthan. This blog is all about the top 8 national parks in Rajasthan for a perfect safari in 2023.
Ranthambore National Park, Sawai Madhopur
The most famous creature that you can see in Ranthambore National Park is the Royal Bengal Tiger. There are almost 86 tigers in the entire national park as of 2022. The tigers in this national park are the most photographed tigers for wildlife documentaries. Ranthambore is one of the top 8 national parks in Rajasthan for a perfect safari. The jeep safari will take you deep into some of the remote corners of the jungle. Here you can spot not just tigers, but crocodiles, sambar deer, langurs, otters, wild buffalo, wolves, hyenas, and other wild creatures.
- Best time to visit: October to March
- Type of wildlife safari: Jeep, Elephant
- Places to visit nearby: Ranthambore Fort, Trinetra Ganesh Temple, Raj Bagh Ruins, Surwal Lake, Padam Talao, Kachida Valley, Jogi Mahal
Sariska National Park, Alwar
The best thing about Sariska National Park is that it is very close to Delhi and Jaipur. Sariska Tiger Reserve was a former hunting ground of the maharajas who ruled here. Sariska National Park is famous for its tigers. The dry deciduous forests here make the ideal habitat for tigers to thrive in this national park. Sarika is also one of the top 8 national parks in Rajasthan for a perfect safari in 2023. Migratory birds also can be seen along with many Indian birds. You can go on a jeep safari here and spot monkeys, jungle cats, wild boars, antelopes, leopards, and more such creatures.
- Best time to visit: October to June
- Type of wildlife safari: Jeep
- Places to visit nearby: Sariska Palace, Kankwari Fort, Siliserh Lake, Bhangarh Fort, Neelkantha Mahadev Temple, Kesroli Hill Fort
Desert National Park, Jaisalmer
If you are visiting Jaisalmer you should visit the Desert National Park. This national park is home to some of the rarest creatures in India like the Great Indian Bustard. A safari in the Desert National Park will give you a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to spot the desert creatures like the desert fox, sand grouse, hedgehogs, desert cats, and many other wild creatures. Along with a visit to this national park, you can also spend some time in the Sam dunes area and do many adventurous activities like dune bashing, desert camping, stargazing, etc.
- Best time to visit: October to February
- Type of wildlife safari: Camel, Jeep
- Places to visit nearby: Kuldhara, Bada Bagh, Jaisalmer Fort, Sam sand dunes, Khaba Fort
Keoladeo National Park, Bharatpur
There is every reason why Keoladeo National Park is one of the top 8 national parks In Rajasthan for a perfect safari in 2023. This national park is more famous as Bharatpur Bird Sanctuary. This is one of the finest bird sanctuaries in the whole of India. Bharatpur Bird Sanctuary is listed by UNESCO as one of the best world heritage sites in India. You can spot birds, and reptiles, besides many animals here. Keoladeo National Park is connected to major Indian cities like Jaipur, Delhi, Mumbai, and Agra.
- Best time to visit: October to February
- Type of wildlife safari: Elephant, Jeep, Rickshaw
- Places to visit nearby: Bharatpur Palace & Museum, Lohagarh Fort, Fatehpur Sikri, Laxman Mandir, Deeg Palace, Banth Baretha.
Tal Chhapar Sanctuary, Shekhawati
One of the best places in Rajasthan to spot a blackbuck is Tal Chhapar Sanctuary. This sanctuary is home to around 2000 blackbucks. Other creatures found here are migratory birds such as eagles, harriers, hawks, skylarks, and doves. You can find Ibis and Demoiselle Cranes here. Tal Chhapar Sanctuary is in the Shekhawati region of Rajasthan. This is a region that is located on the edges of the Thar Desert.
- Best time to visit: September to March
- Type of wildlife safari: Jeep
- Places to visit nearby: Nagaur, Bikaner, Khimsar sand dunes, Churu Fort, Rani Sati Dadi Mandir, Salasar Balaji Dham Mandir.
Mukundara Hills National Park
One of the top 8 national parks In Rajasthan for a perfect safari in 2023 is situated near Kota. Mukundara Hills National Park was a hunting ground of the former maharaja of Kota. Chambal River is a major river that flows through this national park. The grasslands here are the ideal habitat for animals such as the leopard, tiger, sloth bear, sambar deer, nilgai, and many other wild animals. You will also find gharials and mugger crocodiles in the river waters.
- Best time to visit: January to March
- Type of wildlife safari: Jeep, Water
- Places to visit nearby: Kota, Gagron Fort, Jhalawar, Chandrabhaga Temple, Bhainsrorgarh Fort, Padajhar Waterfall
Mount Abu Wildlife Sanctuary, Mount Abu
Mount Abu is famous as a hill station in Rajasthan. But going to the wildlife safari here is also one of the experiences you can take back home. Mount Abu Wildlife Sanctuary is in the Aravalli Hills of Rajasthan. Due to its unique terrain and rocky hill slopes, the animals found here are unique as well. You will find the pangolin, sloth bear, mongoose, hares, wolf, foxes, civet cats, leopards, and many such wonderful creatures.
- Best time to visit: November to February & April, May, June
- Type of wildlife safari: Jeep, Trekking
- Places to visit nearby: Mount Abu, Dilwara Temples, Jessore Sloth Bear Sanctuary, Ambaji Temple, Khedbrahma, Rani ki Vav, Udaipur
National Chambal Wildlife Sanctuary, Kota
National Chambal Wildlife Sanctuary is famous for its aquatic creatures and birds. You will have to take a river safari here on a speedboat and spot crocodiles, turtles, aquatic birds, snakes, and other creatures. Chambal River forms many islands and sand banks on which these creatures can be found basking in the open sun. You can also spot hyenas, otters, hares, squirrels, and mongooses here.
- Best time to visit: September to June
- Type of wildlife safari: Boat
- Places to visit nearby: Kuno National Park, Jaipur, Kota, Mehandipur Balaji Temple, Abhaneri Step Well.
You can visit Rajasthan during the months ranging from October to April.
You can stay in Jaipur, Jodhpur, or Udaipur as you will find the best roads and vehicles to visit the major national parks in Rajasthan from these cities.
You can go on Jeep, Elephant, Boat, Camel, and Rickshaw Safari in Rajasthan.
Sariska Wildlife Sanctuary : The Best Jungle Safaris in Rajasthan
Posted on January 24th, 2023
Sariska Wildlife Sanctuary Overview Sariska Wildlife Sanctuary is famous for the Royal Bengal Tiger. You can go on a jeep and canter safari in Sariska National Park and spot...Read More →
Photography is a hobby So definitely visit these bird sanctuaries of Maharashtra
Posted on December 21st, 2022
Photography is hobby so then you must visit the following bird photography destinations in Maharashtra. You will get to see thousands of rare and endangered species in these spectacular...Read More →
National Parks to Spot Snow Leopards in India
Posted on December 7th, 2022
The Himalayas have some of the best national parks to spot Snow Leopards in India. Snow Leopard is one of the most beautiful wild cat species that is found...Read More →
Soak in the Mesmerising Charm of Jim Corbett National Park
Posted on August 2nd, 2022
Uttarakhand is famous for its heavenly destinations. Every place here has a magical charm. One of the best places here is the beautiful Nainital. And when in Nainital, you...Read More →
© All Copyright Reserved japjitravel.com
Leave a Comment :