Everyone has their interpretation of what are the best beaches in the world. There are so many factors which we have taken into account in choosing the top 10 best beaches in the world. Accessibility is one of the most important factors. But you can choose your beach among the ones given below and plan a visit and have your best beach vacation.
Best & Popular Beaches in the World
Matira Beach, Bora Bora, French Polynesia
We have picked Matira Beach as one of the top 10 best beaches in the world. Matira Beach is on the small island of Bora Bora which is part of the archipelago known as French Polynesia. Jagged volcanic mountains, small islets, and lagoons surround Matira Beach. Matira Beach is a white sandy beach with crystal clear blue waters lapping up the shore. You can stay in luxury resorts near Matira Beach.
- Things to do: snorkeling, quad biking, jet skiing, swimming, beach walks, underwater walks.
- Famous attractions: Bora Bora Lagoonarium, Mt. Otemanu, Matira Point, Vaitape Harbour.
- Best times to visit: November and April.
Railay Beach, Thailand
Words cannot describe the beauty of Railay Beach in Thailand. Railay Beach is a picture postcard of scenic beauty. There are so many things that make this one of the top 10 best beaches in the world. You can walk on soft powdery sands, view magnificent limestone cliffs, explore caves, swim in lagoons, and surround yourself with dense tropical jungles. You can take a boat to reach Railay Beach.
- Things to do: boating, rock climbing, exploring caves, hiking, kayaking, scuba diving, swimming, island tours,
- Famous attractions: Phra Nang Beach, Pranang Cave, Railay Beach Viewpoint, Tham Pranangnai Cave, Tom Sai Beach.
- Best time to visit: November to March
Polihale Beach, Kauai, Hawaii
Speaking of the top 10 best beaches in the world, we have to include Polihale Beach in Hawaii. The island of Kauai, on which this beach is situated, is beautiful in itself. The exotic Polihale Beach is one of the most scenic beaches in the world. You get to see scenic sunsets, hiking trails, azure skies, white sands, and volcanic mountain peaks making this one of the most wonderful beaches.
- Things to do: hiking, beach camping, snorkeling, swimming, surfing, boating, and watching dolphins and whales.
- Famous attractions: Polihale State Park.
- Best time to visit: April to October.
Reethi Rah, Maldives
Among the most beautiful beaches in the Maldives is the Reethi Rah. This is a beach that is ideally suited for honeymooners. The powdery white sands are best for romantic beach walks. There are overwater bungalows near this beach. Reethi Rah has the clearest blue waters you can imagine. The sunsets from this beach are something to look out for.
- Things to do: swimming, snorkeling, jet skiing, kayaking, weddings.
- Famous attractions: Angsana Beach, Bandos Beach, Madivaru Beyru Dive Site
- Best time to visit: July to October
Whitehaven Beach, Queensland, Australia
Whitehaven Beach might feel secluded as it is only approachable by motor boat, seaplane, or helicopter. But Whitehaven Beach is on this list of the top 10 best beaches in the world for a reason. This beach is full of white sands and blue waters. Whitehaven Beach is on Whitsunday Island and this is one of the beaches where you can go for photo shoots. A day trip to this beach can also be clubbed with snorkeling in the Great Barrier Reef.
- Things to do: snorkeling and scuba diving, kayaking, beach sports, camping, photo shoots, swimming, beach walks, sailing tours,
- Famous attractions: Tongue Point Lookout, Hill Inlet, Whitsunday Islands, Airlie Beach.
- Best time to visit: September
Shipwreck Beach, Zakynthos, Greece
We have put Shipwreck Beach in our list of the top 10 best beaches in the world for all the right reasons. This beach is actually in a cove and is surrounded by tall limestone cliffs. The beach is sort of hidden from view, but one visit to this beach is enough to justify it as among the top beaches in the world. This beach is also famous as Smuggler’s Cove. The sheltered blue waters, white sands, and white limestone cliffs make this a natural wonder of unparalleled beauty.
- Things to do: swimming, sunbathing, boating, cliff walks, exploring caves,
- Famous attractions: Navagio Beach Viewpoint, Shipwreck View Point, White Beach, Monastery of St. Andrew.
- Best time to visit: Year-round.
Copacabana Beach, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Copacabana Beach is a very famous beach in Rio de Janeiro in Brazil. The famed golden sands of this beach, magnificent medieval-era forts, and view of craggy peaks make this one of the best beaches in the world. New Year’s Eve celebrations at this beach are world famous for their sparkling beauty. Luxury hotels and posh neighborhoods line up this beach. This is one beach where you can play volleyball, football, and other beach sports.
- Things to do: explore forts, beach games, and sports, open markets, biking, windsurfing, and swimming.
- Famous attractions: Copacabana Beach Promenade, Leme viewpoint, Copacabana Fort, Chacrinha State Park
- Best time to visit: December to March
Petite Anse, Mahe, Seychelles
Petite Anse, Mahe is just one of the beaches that you will find in Seychelles. There are innumerable others, but this beach is a small stretch of pure white sands lined by the azure blue waters of the ocean. Tall cliffs lining up the shore, deep forests, and palm trees swaying to the breeze make this beach a picture of magnificent beauty. There are many beach resorts where you can stay put and enjoy an outing to this beach.
- Things to do: sunset views, swimming, beach walks, scuba diving, snorkeling, windsurfing.
- Famous attractions: Seychelles Golf Club, Anse Soleil Beach, Anse Royal Beach.
- Best time to visit: April to May, October till November.
My Khe Beach, Vietnam
There are many beaches in Da Nang city in Vietnam, which you can include in this list of the top 10 best beaches in the world. But My Khe Beach is one of the best with so much natural beauty. You get to see the scenic beauty of the clear blue waters that are perfect for swimming and white sands. The skyscraper views you get from this beach are fantastic. This is one beach with spectacular nightlife too.
- Things to do: sunset views, paragliding, jet skiing, flyboarding, snorkeling, diving, banana boat,
- Famous attractions: Asia Park, Da Nang Museum of Cham Sculpture, Sun Wheel, Danang Fine Arts Museum.
- Best time to visit: April to August.
Tulum Beach, Mexico
The white sands of Tulum Beach, coupled with the turquoise blue waters are not the only things that make this beach beautiful. You can explore the Mayan ruins from this beach and lagoons where you can seclude yourself from the crowd. You can sit back and practice Yoga, munch on tacos, and swim with turtles.
- Things to do: swimming, exploring Maya ruins, biking, beach parties, snorkeling, shopping
- Famous attractions: Gran Cenote, Xel-ha Eco Adventure Park, Tulum Ruins, Sian Ka’an Biosphere, Mayan Ruins Of Coba, Yal-Ku Lagoon.
- Best time to visit: February to May
Australia, Fiji, Seychelles, The Philippines, Maldives, Indonesia, and Greece are some countries with the best beaches in the world.
Carry towels, sunglasses, swimwear, bathing suits, etc. Don’t wade in the water if you are not a good swimmer.
Look for lifeguards on a beach. Familiarize with beach flags and safety signboards at a beach. Never swim alone.