India is a country filled with people who are religious minded and so you can find large number of temples in different corners of the country which attracts visitors from all corners of India and sometimes from other countries too. This time we are presenting the list of 6 such temples which are part of North India and must to visit to seek the blessings of almighty God.
- Alamgir Gurudwara: In Alamgiri village of Ludhiana district Gurudwara Shri Manji Sahib is located. From the center of the city the Gurudwara is located at a distance of 10 kms. This destination gained popularity as it carries some historical importance being the place here Guru Gobind Singh was given protection from the Muslim followers of him named Nabi Khan and Ghani Khan. The Gurudwara is having a tank, which is considered holy by devotees to take dip.
- Amarnath Temple: One of the most important destinations for Hindu devotees to visit in India is Amarnath Temple. From Srinagar the temple is located at a distance of 141 Km at a height of 12,760 ft. The temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva and visited by devotees from all corners of India in large numbers. Here the Shiva Linga is formed naturally out of Ice. One cave is there which is having a height of 40 m and acting as a house to stalagmite in shape of Shiva Linga.
- Anandpur Sahib: For the people of Sikh community Anandpur Sahib is one of the major holy destinations which are also visited in large number by other community people too. The Anandpur Sahib is located in Chandigarh and houses the famous Takht Kesgarh Sahib. It offers a big collection of Sikh Holy Weapons. It was founded by Guru Gobind Singh
- Baijnath Temple: One of the most beautiful temples In India is Baijanath temple which is located close to Palampur at a distance of 16 Km. The Shrine is of Shikhara style which offers a striking blend of architecture and sculpture. The Linga present inside the temple is one of the 12 Jyotirlingas in India. The population of devotees is huge during the celebration of Shivaratri.
- Banke Bihari Temple: In Vrindavan the Banke Bihari temple is one of the most visited temples. The temple is dedicated to Lord Krishna who is also popular among the devotees as Banke Bihari. Hariyali Teej festival is celebrated in a grand way in this temple.
- Chamunda Devi Temple: 24 kms from the center of Kangra which is located at a distance of 15 km from Dharmshala is the popular temple of Chamunda Devi. Right behind the back of the temple is a peculiar shaped stone which resembles the look of Shiva Lingam. It is among the hottest spot to visit in the state of Himachal Pradesh for the devotees of Lord Shiva. You can also get to see the idols of Lord Shiva and Goddess Saraswati in the midst of running pool of water. The scenic beauty of the place will make you fall in the love with location.