Traveling is more joyful and exciting if you take care of some things. You have to take care to pack some essential things when you are traveling. You will need travel documents, luggage, and so many other things when you are packing your travel bags. What is the duration of your journey? How many people are traveling with you? These are the other essential factors that will decide what things to pack. So here are some essential things you must carry while traveling.
Basic items are essential for any kind of travel
Any kind of traveler knows what things they should carry when traveling. When packing their bags they make a note of the things that are essential to them. Travel becomes even more memorable when you have the necessary things with you. So here is a list of things that are very essential when you pack your travel bags.
- Printout of the trip itinerary
- Travel guide and physical or digital maps
- Diary and pen
- Mobile chargers and power banks
- Original and photocopies of the Photo ID of every member traveling with you
- Backpacks and bag locks
- Scissor, Swiss army knife
- Plastic bags, zip lock pouches.
- Novels or magazines
- Water bottle
- Hand sanitizer
- Flashlight or torch light
- Cigarette lighter or matchboxes
- Cash, credit, or debit cards
- SIM card, USB cable, memory cards
Clothing is one of the essential things you must carry while traveling. Packing clothes depends on what region you are visiting. You will need woolen clothes if you are going to high-altitude places like Ooty, Leh Ladakh. If you are going in the summer season, you will need light clothing. If you are going on trekking trips to the mountains then the clothing will be much different.
- Light jackets
- Trousers, shirts, t-shirts
- Extra innerwear
- Gloves, handkerchiefs, shawls, scarf
You should remain clean and sanitized during your trips. In that case, toiletries are among the most essential things you must carry while traveling. Avoiding them will result in you getting sick, or tired. So include all the below toiletries with you when you are traveling.
- Face wash
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Paper soap and tissue papers
- Small mirror
- Deodorants, cologne talc
- Shampoo pouches, shampoo bottle
- Mouth gels
- Lip Guard
- Hair oil
- Moisturizing cream
- Feminine hygiene kit
- Shaving kit for men
Things to take with you for air travel
If you are taking a flight to Delhi or any other city in India, then you should take care to pack some much-needed things. There are some essential things you must carry while going on flights. You may need to sleep on flights, or some may require a book to pass their time. It is essential to note down what is the thing you most want to take with you.
- Travel documents like passport, air tickets, ID cards
- Eye mask, travel pillow, earbuds.
- Photocopies of a debit
Things to carry when going to the mountains
Some things become so essential to carry with you when going to such mountainous regions. There are winding mountainous roads which may not be suitable for those with vertigo problems. Also, these are cold regions where you might need extra clothing also.
- Boots, socks, extra slippers
- Woolen hand gloves
- Hats, caps, thermal jackets
- Hooded jackets
- Cold cream, lip guard
- Digital thermometer
- Medicines for stomach ache, nausea, vomiting
Taking some eateries along with you will provide that extra bit of comfort. Those snacks or groundnuts will provide you with some nourishment when you are traveling in remote regions like the Thar Desert or the cold desert areas in Ladakh. This is the reason why eateries are among the essential things you must carry while travelling.
- bars or energy bars
- Dry fruits
- Chips, potato wafers
- Namkeen snacks
- Ready to make tea powder
A camera kit is among the top essential things you must carry while travelling. If you are traveling through remote regions in the Himalayas or the North East, you may not get shops to buy chargers or batteries. The things that you will need for photography should be in your camera kit and these may include the following:
- Camera bag
- Camera charger and cable
- Tripod Stand
- Handbook for photography
- Extra camera batteries
- Filter lenses
- Camera cleaning kit
- Remote release
- Extra memory cards
- Extra lamps if you are going for night photography
Things to carry when going on trekking trips
Trekking trips to places in Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, or any such place is so exciting thing to do. So if you are going specifically for trekking trips to these states, then you should carry some trekking essentials with you. You will have to walk long distances or climb steep mountain slopes. You should care not to get lost and stay close to your group.
- Wooden sticks/ telescopic walking sticks
- Trekking shoes
- Winter jackets
- GPS navigation tools like a magnetic compass
- Roan coats, rain suits
- Trekking gaiters
- Water bottles
- Snacks, ready-to-eat foods, juices, tea, and coffee sachets
- Physical maps, a printout of the trekking route, destination guides
- Torches, Swiss army knife, ropes, camping tents
Things to carry when going on beach trips
There are so many sublime beaches on the Konkan Coast, Karnataka, and Goa. There are even more beautiful beaches in Kerala, Gujarat coast, Pondicherry, and Chennai. If you are going for a beach holiday then there are some essential things you must carry while travelling.
- Swimming trunks and beach wear
- Bathing suits
- Extra towels
- Extra shorts, innerwear
- Light slippers
- Sunscreen lotion, lip guard creams
- Extra bed sheets
- Sunglasses, beach mats, beach umbrella
- Toys for playing on the beach
- Beach games for playing football, volleyball
- Scuba diving or snorkeling gear
Medicine/ First aid kit
Medicines are among the most essential things you must carry while travelling. You must take medicines for the medical condition you have. Basic first aid items also should be part of your medical kit. You cannot judge when you will need it. Some of these items given below can be of tremendous help when you travel.
- relief sprays
- Pain killer tablets like Combiflam
- Antiseptic ointments or solutions like Dettol, Savlon
- Medicine for fever like Crocin or Paracetamol
- Motion sickness medicine for nausea and vomiting like Avomine
- Medicines for acidity like Digene
- Sachets of Eno, Pudin Hara
- Vicks Action 500 or D-Cold for cold or headaches
- Band-aid, dressing bandage
- Becosules and B-complex capsules for energy
- Eye drops
- Medicines for loose motion or diarrhea
Google Maps, Uber, Ola, Booking.com, and Tripadvisor are very important travel apps in India.
If you are traveling with your wife or children, you should avoid lonely places and take care when trekking or leaving them alone.
You should take the cash that is sufficient for the length of your trip. Per person cost for a week’s trip in India usually comes to around Rs.20,000/-.