North India is famous for existences of significant Hindu Pilgrimage destinations. These religious destinations attract people from all over the world. India is known to be the land of Gods and Goddesses and inspires many tourists to explore the holy destinations of India. Here we can take a look at the top 10 famous pilgrimage destinations in North India.
- Allahabad: Allahabad is famous as Prayag for the Hindu pilgrims and this city is considered as one of the sacred cities of India. This holy city is situated at the confluence area of holy rivers Ganga and Yamuna. In every 12 years, the famous Kumbh Mela is organized here at Prayag.
- Haridwar: In Uttarakhand, Haridwar is a famous place for the pilgrims as well as for the tourists all over the world. People gather here to take holy bath in the river Ganga and pay their homage to Goddess Ganga. The pilgrims as well as tourists here perform several rituals so that their wish can come true.
- Gangotri: Gangorti is a small town in Uttarkashi District. The journey of four Shrines will not complete if one misses Gangotri to visit. The Goddess Ganga is worshipped here in the Gangotri Temple.
- Badrinath: Among the four shrines in North India, Badrinath is known to be one of the famous one. Badrinath temple is cradled between the two ranges of mountains, Nar and Narayan. Visiting the Badrinath Temple is considered auspicious among all Hindus.
- Kedarnath: Hindu Pilgrims visit here to offer their prayers to Lord Shiva. The awesome picturesque view of the Kedarnath range also makes the pilgrims feel delighted and blessed. This pilgrimage destination is situated at 3584 mts from the sea level.
- Mathura: Mathura is famously known as Brajbhumi and this destination is situated in the Indian state of Uttar Pradesh. Mathura is surrounded by other famous religious places like Vrindavan, Nangaon, Barasana, Govardhan etc.
- Varanasi: For all Hindus, Varanasi is one of the most important holy places to visit. The Viswanath Temple is the main attraction of this city. The city is located at the bank of holy river Ganga.
- Amarnath: Almost all the Hindus have a dream in their life to visit the holy destination of Amarnath once. The journey to Amarnath is quite tough but still thousands of devotees visit this place and pay homage to Lord Shiva every year.
- Vaisno Devi: The journey to Vasno Devi is considered extremely auspicious among the Hindu devotees. The Vaisno Devi Temple is located in the Trikuta Mountains in Katra, Jammu and Kashmir.
- Yamunetri: Yamunetri is the source of river Yamuna and this is one of the four shrines. Not only for the pilgrims, but also to the nature lovers, visiting this place is an experience for the life.
Apart from the above 10 holy destinations in North India there are many more unknown holy places which are must to explore especially for those who have firm faith on the existence of almighty lord in this world.