South India is Paradise for the nature lovers and every year it experiences large number of footfalls in different location in the southern part of the country. Check out the top summer destinations which are worth visiting in South India.
- Ananthagiri Hills: This hill is located in the Ranga Reddy district and is known for being the house of Anantha Padmanabha Swamy Temple which is dedicated to Lord Vishnu. The temple and forest of this location is named after Sri Anantha Padmanabha Swamy who is worshipped here as Lord Vishnu. The forest is highly dense one but experiences visitors from all parts of the country.
- Ooty: Ooty is known to be a destination which is just the perfect one for honeymooners. Doddabetta Peak, waterfalls, Tiger Hill and Ooty Lake are mist to explore in this location. Well the right time to explore this destination is from October till June. The weather remains absolutely pleasant all the year round.
- Coorg: One of the most popular hill stations of south India is Coorg. This location is quite popular for being the house of the finest quality coffee from India. If you are an adventure lover then you will be happy to know that Coorg is having three wildlife sanctuaries along with one National park to welcome the guests in the land of wild life creatures. This location is also very popular destination for honeymoon couples. There are many other places which one can explore in Coorg.
- Kodaikanal: Kodaikanal is known to be a filmy area of India as there are many bollywood and Tollywood films for which shooting were done in this location because of its scenic beauty and breathtaking views. The peal season for visiting this destination starts from April till June and so bookings need to be made in advance for accommodations to avoid any last minute problems.
- Idukki: one of the most mesmerizing location and hill station of south is located in the Indian state of Kerala at Idukki. You will get a blessed feeling when you land in this location for a vacation time. Thattekad Bird Sanctuary and Eravikulam Wild Life Sanctuary are 2 important places of visit in this location. Idukki dam is must to visit as this dam is world’s second as well as Asia’s first arch shaped dam which offers a breathtaking view memorable for lifetime.
- Munnar: Munnar is a small hill station of Kerala which is located in the Idukki district. You can get an awwww inspiring view of the Anamudi Peak which is the highest one in the southern part of India. The other major places of visit are Mattupetty, Pallivasal, Anayirangal, Chinnakanal and Tea Museum. Munnar is very popular for its tea plantation and some of the finest quality tea of India is from this part of the country. In case you want to mingle with the local people of this area then it is must for you to know Tamil and Malayalam language.