Top 10 most romantic honeymoon destinations
The wedding bell rang and you were declared as the man and woman to walk the path of life ahead. The moments are really special when you take your wedding vows, but still, after the ceremony, there is a need for some privacy to know each other even better. Here comes the concept of Honeymoon, which is introduced to allow the bride and the groom get some quality time to spend far away from the hustle and bustle of daily life. But where to go for your honeymoon trip is a big question. You need to check your budget, available leaves in hand and also learn about the hotspot location for honeymoon couples. To make it simple for you, here we present a list of Top 10 most romantic honeymoon destinations in India.
- Jammu & Kashmir: Culturally rich with eye-catching natural beauty make Jammu and Kashmir a preferred choice for honeymoon trip and to begin a martially blissful life. If you are an adventure freak then you will get a wide range of adventure as well as leisure activities to enjoy in this state known as the heaven on earth. The lovely snowy views of Gulmarg, as well as the gardens in addition to a romantic ride on a boat on the beautiful lakes of Srinagar, will make your trip truly memorable for life. Srinagar, Kishtwar, Pahalgam, Gulmarg, Sanasar, Patnitop, Yusmarg and also Leh are the major honeymoon destinations based out in Jammu and Kashmir.
- Uttarakhand: A honeymoon trip to the peaceful hill towns of Uttarakhand is all that a newly wedded couple expects to get over from the post-wedding tiredness and also to spend quality time with the romantic partner for life. Uttarakhand, which is located in the Garhwal Himalayas, can offer a soothing retreat to the honeymoon couple. Sky-kissing mountains, emerald green beautiful valleys and picture-perfect lakes makes this location suitable for couples to enjoy some cozy moments with each other. You can explore the beauty of Uttarakhand state by visiting any of the places (Nainital, Rishikesh, Auli, Haridwar, Jim Corbett, and more) for your honeymoon
- Goa: A beautiful honeymoon is the dream of every newly wedded couple to mark a perfect beginning of a beautiful marriage. One of the ideal honeymoon destinations for a newly wedded couple is the enchanting locations of South Goa. Goa is popular for the breathtaking views of the sea beaches and a perfect location with a natural ambiance for the celebration of new life and enjoyment. Some of the most happening beaches of Goa include Cova Beach, Butterfly Beach, Betul Beach, Bogmalo Beach, Palolem beach, Majorca Beach and Polem.
- Kerala: Kerala is one of the culturally diverse states of India housing some of the best destinations to explore for the honeymoon couples. Kerala is known to be the “God’s Own Country” offers the scope to get a close view of the wildlife beauty in addition to the breathtaking experience of sailing in the backwaters and beaches. Kerala is known for its Ayurveda treatments and is also a beautiful hill station. It managed to make its entry in the list of “50 places to visit in Lifetime” by none other than National Geographic Traveler. For honeymoon couples, it’s just next to paradise. Some of the major locations in Kerala perfect for honeymoon romantic trip are Kovalam, Alleppey, Bekal, Varkala, Munnar, Kollam, and Thekkady.
- Darjeeling: Honeymoon is one of the eagerly awaited vacations for the just married lovebirds. If you want to visit a hill station with amazing surrounding and beauty then Darjeeling with Gangtok trip will make your dream come true in the North Eastern part of India. It is one of the most romantic and happening honeymoon places in India. The urge of having an intimate experience at the time of Honeymoon can be fulfilled here at Darjeeling and Gangtok. Some of the must-visit locations of Darjeeling are Emerald Tea Gardens, Tiger Hill, Rumtek Monastery, Peace Pagoga, and Tsomgo Lake. Don’t miss the chance to explore Gangtok Nightlife.
- Ooty: If you are madly in love with nature and want to take your beloved partner to one such destination for Honeymoon In south then Ooty is the No 1 choice for you. Ooty is known for its bewitching beauty and green surrounding. Honeymoon couples can spend some quality time right in the lap of nature while stepping in the Nilgiri tea estates area. This scenic location with soothing climate will enhance the level of romanticism for the honeymoon lovebirds. A quick visit to the Botanical garden, Ooty Lake as well as the beautiful Tea estates will make your trip a memorable one.
- Cherapunjee: Located in the eastern side of India, Cherrapunji offers serene beauty which will make you feel blessed and happy. Mother Nature in combination with the romance of rainy weather turns Cherrapunji into one of the top-rated Honeymoon spots in India. The beauty of Cherrapunji and its exotic climatic condition made it popular internationally and managed to attract several travelers to this location. The environment will make you feel so blessed that your heart and soul will love to narrate some romantic poems for your beloved partner on your honeymoon. Go will get the chance to unwind your mind in the lap of your beloved in this blissful land of Cherrapunji.
- Coonoor, TamilNadu: If you are in a mood to take your newly married partner for a romantic walk far away from the daily life then Coonoor can be in your list of the top destination for honeymoon couples. Serene Landscapes covered in lush greenery, breath-taking views, and pleasant weather makes Coonoor a wonderful destination for marking the beginning of a blissful married life. Being one of the 2nd largest hill towns of Tamil Nadu it is visited by honeymoon couples in large number every year. It is one of those hill towns of India which managed to hold back several architectural relics of the colonial period. A plethora of activities are offered by this hill stations for the tourist’s entertainment. Some popular places of visit in this location include Sim’s Park, Catherine Falls, Droog Fort, and Hidden Valley.
- Mahabaleshwar: Mahabaleshwar is one of the popular spots for newly wedded honeymooners. It is another hill station based out in Maharashtra, which is very close to Pune. If you are low on budget and still want to have a fabulous honeymoon experience then try out Mahableshwar. The hills, valleys, mountains, and all around greenery will make you feel highly romantic when you have your beloved by your side. Some key spots which are must explore in Mahabaleshwar are Arthur’s Seat, Kate’s Point, Needle Hole Point, and Monkey Point.
- Rajasthan: Royal and rich history of the state of Rajasthan makes it a location which is worth exploring. If you are looking for a royal and romantic honeymoon vacation with your newly wedded partner then book a Rajasthan Honeymoon trip. Some of the outstanding honeymoon spots of Rajasthan which you can’t miss to explore include Raipur, Jaywalker, Jodhpur, Udaipur and Mount Abu.
There are many other places in India which are wonderful honeymoon destination, but the above 10 are the chosen best. Honeymoon packages are available in various budgets and duration. Select the one which suits your taste and budget from the leading travel planners of the industry.