Beautiful and Famous Tourist Places in Bali
Bali is a tropical paradise in Asia's Southern Hemisphere. It lures you with its intoxicating beautiful sandy beaches, playful sea breeze, dancing palm trees, and an exotic culture rooted in spirituality. With many beautiful and famous tourist places in Bali to explore and adventure sports to check out, Bali is the Gem of the Indonesian Archipelago. From watching the ocean waves gushing on the shore to the incense aroma of temples to the exotic flavors of local delicacies, a trip to Bali will be a fantastic holiday experience.
We have made a list of Beautiful and Famous Tourist Places in Bali so that you don't miss out on the awesomeness this lovely island has to offer.
You Might Be Like These Suggested Tours
- Kuta and Seminyak beaches – This is the most famous and happening part of Bali, filled with water activities and cafes on the beach. It offers delicious local food, street shopping, and many activities to keep you entertained. Explore the night market of Kuta to buy souvenirs.
Best Time- July and August as its beach festival time.
- Nusa dua and Jimbaran- When tired of the party scene, head to this serene beach to stroll on the white sands and feel the unadulterated sea breeze on your face. Grab a trendy mocktail and enjoy basking in the sun or enjoy the water sports of parasailing, surfing, swimming, etc. The 15 kms long stretch between Nusa and Jimbaran is home to high-end luxury resorts of Bali.
Best Time- April to October.
- Nusa Lembongan Island- Just offshore from main Bali lays this amazingly stunning island. It's a heaven for water sports- surfing, diving, snorkeling, and more. See the devil's tears where rocks suck the seawater first and spit it out with force. The island is even famous for its pristine blue lagoon.
Best Time- May to Early September
- Tanah Lot Temple- This temple is an ancient Hindu Shrine and an iconic landmark of Bali. Situated on an island near the shore of Beraban Village, the sound of playful waves is mesmerizing. You can come here to admire the sun setting in the sea with the age-old temple in the forefront. The complex has many small shrines, a restaurant, a few souvenir shops, and resting spots, making it one of the most beautiful and famous tourist places in Bali not to be missed. The temple even holds cultural dance performances often.
Best Time- At sunset.
Fee- 292 INR
- Uluwatu Temple- It is one of the 6 temples of Bali's Spiritual Heritage and is designed in Balinese architecture. This temple proudly sits on a cliff top overlooking the vast sea. This makes the entire landscape breathtaking, earning it a place in the beautiful and famous tourist places in Bali. It's spectacular location sets the stage for a magical sunset viewpoint. Stay till late evening to witness it. Enjoy the daily live performance of Kecak Dance at the temple's amphitheater.
Best Time- 7 AM – 7 PM, June to August.
Fee- 160 INR, Dance performance Tickets are separate.
- Pura Taman Ayun Temple- You can stroll on the pathways of this Pagoda-style temple. This Magnificent temple is a royal temple with 6 shrines and belongs to the Mengwi Empire of Bali. UNESCO awarded this complex the 'World Cultural Tourism Site.' It is undoubtedly one of the most beautiful and famous tourist places in Bali.
Best Time- 7 AM – 7 PM
- Lempuyang Temple- Its Dragon Staircase is the most Instagrammed site in Bali as it looks like a Gateway to Heaven in the pictures. The locals consider it to be their most sacred temple. You need to hike 1700 steps and 1.5 hours in the jungle to reach here, but the climb will be worth the spectacular view you will get from the cliff.
Best Time – Early Morning or Late Afternoon
- Pura Ulun Bratan- Built on an island in Lake Bratan, it is the most picturesque temple in Bali. It is a 17th Century Shaivite temple fantastically designed in Balinese architecture, and the Bedugul Mountain in the backdrop makes the landscape enchanting. Come in the early morning for the best view and visit the Bali Botanical Garden nearby.
Best Time- 9 AM to 2 PM
- Gunung Kawi- This rock-cut temple is one of the oldest monuments of this great island country. The climb downhill to reach this valley temple is amidst a lush green tropical forest. Built-in the 11th Century, it is the tomb site of the Warmadeva Dynasty. Do rent a Balinese sarong at the entrance as it's a rule to wear it on entering this temple. The complex has stone caves, shrines, and stone sculptures and relics that tell the story of Bali's magnificent heritage. And so, it had to be on our list of beautiful and famous tourist places in Bali.
Best Time- 9 AM – 3 PM
Waterfalls and Forests
- Sekumpul Waterfall- This 80 feet waterfall is a superb place to soak in the tropical vibes. The adventurous trail that leads you there is made of stairs and walks in the rice fields with green durian trees. Sekumpul is a cluster of 7 cascading waterfalls that makes the lush green valley look more alluring. Do wear good trekking shoes as some steps can be slippery. Swim in the waters to feel the wilderness of Bali.
Best Time- 9 AM to 3 PM
- Mount Batur- Climbing this 1700 meters high mountain in the pre-sunrise hours is one of the most adventurous things to do in Bali. People hike on the well-marked trails to the top and strike yoga poses during sunrise for their Instagram pictures. The panoramic view from the top of the lake and surrounding mountains is a visual delight. Definitely one of the most beautiful and famous tourist places in Bali, don’t you think?
Best Time- 3:30 AM to 9:30 AM
Hiking Fee- 2300 INR
- Tegallalang AND Jatiluwih Rice Terraces of Ubud- You will love these meandering rice terrace fields that make the landscape picture-perfect. Tegallalang is close to Ubud and has 3 awesome rice terraces whose irrigation system is worth admiring. If you want to escape the crowd, opt for Jatiluwih fields.
Best Time- 8 AM to 6 PM, June-July
Fee- 250 INR
- Ubud Monkey Forest- The entire natural tropical Sacred Monkey Forest Sanctuary with hidden ancient temples looks like a heavenly abode. Located just 10 kms from Ubud town, it is a must-visit for animal lovers to watch monkeys and birds hopping in the trees. The dense forest makes it among the most beautiful and famous tourist places in Bali.
Best Time- 8 AM to 12 AM and 4 PM to 6 PM, May to October
Fees- 400 INR
- Tegenungan Waterfall- This is the most famous waterfall, offering many spots to click Instagram-worthy pictures. Dipping in its waters will rejuvenate your senses.
Best Time- Early Morning, June to October
Fees – 80 INR
Museums, Palaces, and Zoos
- Ubud Royal Palace- Do you remember the Julia Roberts movie 'Eat Pray Love'? Well, this magnificent Palace was beautifully covered in it. The Palace is a culturally rich platform for hosting international events, diplomatic meetings, and dance and orchestra performances. Visit and fall in love with the exotic Balinese culture.
Best Time- July to September
- Bali Zoo- A protected forest abode for all mammal and bird species. Here, they roam around in their natural surroundings, and this zoo is very educational for young children.
Best Time- 9 AM to 12 PM and 4 PM to 5 PM.
Fees- Starts at $43.
- Tirtha Gangga- This old Palace is an architectural wonder. The water pond garden of this Royal Palace is decorated with artful stone statues and is a unique place in Bali. It was built in 1948 and still belongs to the Karangasem Royal Family.
Best Time- 9 AM to12 PM and 4 PM to 6 PM
Fees- 3200 INR
Clubs and Entertainment
- Waterbom Bali Park- This place sprawling 3.8 kms, is perfect for a fun-filled day. You can splash water in its various pools, relax on the lazy river, and get adventurous on its exciting water rides. Sips of refreshing Mocktails from its cafes will energize you for the next round.
Best Time- 9 AM – 6 PM
Fees- 2500 INR
- Bali Swing- This has become one of the most beautiful and famous tourist places in Bali recently. Here you get to swing from the edge of a cliff and experience that adrenal rush when you see the gorgeous deep valley below. The scenic beauty of the surrounding will make you skip a beat, and it's a once-in-a-lifetime activity you should go for.
Best Time- 8 AM – 5 PM
Fees- 2100 INR
- Rock Bar Bali – Build on a limestone cliff touching the sea, this open-air bar gives a spectacular panoramic ocean view. Sip from a wine or cocktail glass while you enjoy a charismatic sunset on the horizon. Here the sea romances the sky.
Best Time- 4 PM – 12 AM
Fees- 4000 INR
With endless beautiful and famous tourist places in Bali, you get one of the most exotic holiday experiences in the world. It has so much to offer to everyone who comes here. Bali always welcomes you with open arms. So, when are you booking your trip?