10 tips for 2019 summer north India Holidays
The winter winds are getting their bag packed to say goodbye for this season and to welcome the summer months in India. If you are planning for a trip during the summer months and that too in North India then you must plan it carefully to avoid any inconvenience. It has been noticed that most of the travelers from all parts of the world visit India during winter because of comfortable weather. But it does not mean that you cannot make a plan to enjoy your summer vacation. In India, lots of destinations are there which are perfect to visit during the summer. We are going to share with you few tips which must be noted before you plan for a trip in the summer months.
- Choose the right destination: The most important thing is to plan for the right destination. You can select forest areas or hill stations or sea sides. Well, sea beaches can be a bit tough to visit during the summer. Hence, places in north India are really good and comfortable choice for you. You should select those places which will give you a chilling effect. These places will surely make your mood positive and refresh you. For cooling effect you can make plan to visit Shimla, Manali, Kullu, Dalhousie and even Dehradun in the summer months.
- Take proper accessories: While you are planning to have a vacation during the summer, then it is always suggested that you prepare a list of important accessories which will protect you from the heat. Hats, sunglasses, umbrellas, etc are some important accessories which must be there with you all through the trip. These will no doubt shield your face and body from the heat and the UV rays of the Sun.
- Timing: If you are out for a trip during the summer and that too in the north Indian cities, then it is always suggested not to move out during the period between 11 am to 4 pm. This time period is marked as the danger zone and sun stroke are common to see. But sometimes, there is no option and you need to move out in the sun then visiting some enclosed places will be the best option. You can opt for visiting museums or shopping malls, etc in this time.
- Ignore road trip: Road trip is no doubt a fun but during summer road trips are suggested to avoid. Road trips under the scorching heat can cause heat stroke and it will spoil your entire trip. Hence, you need to plan accordingly so that you can avoid the heat and enjoy the sight-seeing too.
- Cool food: During summer, it is better to avoid fried and spicy dishes. Fried, oily and spicy food can cause various types of health issues. Hence, while you are on a trip during summer, you should eat those foods which will give your body a cooling effect. Hot weather is not able to keep your body properly hydrated. Lots of physical illness can arise in your body and hence it is suggested to take fruits and other cooling foods, juice and drinks which can keep your body properly hydrated. Fruits like cucumber, coconut water, etc are great items to take during the summer.
- Sunscreen: To protect your skin from the negative effect of the Ultra violet ray of the sun, it is required to keep sunscreen always in the bag. Before you go out for sightseeing, ensure sunscreen is applied on your skin so that your skin will remain protected and you face no sun burnt
- Proper clothes: After you decide your holiday destination, you should pack proper clothes. Loose fit clothes which are made of cotton and linen must be taken. The colors of the dresses must be of light shades. Dresses of dark shades can cause serious effect on your body and make you feel more warm leading to profuse sweating. Clothes with dark shades can absorb more heat and hence dark colored shirts are not suggested to wear during the trip in the summer.
- Keep firsts aid: Wherever you visit during the summer, carrying a first aid box is always a good option. Here you should take all the necessary medicines and ointments so that during the trip you if you face any wound or cut you can treat the same with your first aid box items. Apart from normal medicines, you also need to put all the special medicines which are prescribed by the doctors. Hence, if you or any other family member is suffering from any disease, then you need to take those medicines in the first aid box.
- Take lots of water: Water is the best option to keep your body properly hydrated to stay safe from the scorching heat of the summer. Apart from taking water, seasonal fruits are no doubt excellent way to keep your properly hydrated. So, wherever you go, it is suggested to take a bottle of water with you. Again, apart from drinking simple water, coconut water is also another good option.
- Skin care: When you finalize you plan to visit different north Indian travel destinations during the summer, you should take the necessary skin care products with you. Summer can cause oiliness in your skin and you will face the problems of rashes, pigmentation, irritation, etc. If you are unable to understand the cream that you should carry, you need to consult with the doctor for the proper skin care product.
Hence those are certain tips which must be followed while you are going to make a trip during the summer. Summer months are equally good for vacation like the winters. But here you need to take little bit care for yourself and your family so that the trip turned out to be a memorable one for you. So get ready and finalize the spots you want to explore in the coming summer months of 2019.