A trip to Mount Abu can surely give you a memorable holiday experience. In Rajasthan, this is the only hill station and the climate here will surely make you surprised. It has been noticed that whenever tourists opt to visit Rajasthan, they never miss the chance to visit the Mount Abu. Well, there are top 6 places which are must to explore in this destination.
- Guru Sikhar: This peak is known as the highest peak of the Aravali Range and it is located at a height of 1722 meter from the sea level. Tourists need to travel 15 km from the city to reach Guru Sikhar. Here you will be able to visit the temple of Guru Dattatreya and the peak has also been named after Guru Dattatreya.
- Dilwara Temple: From Mount Abu, you just need to travel 3 km to reach Dilwara Temple. Between 11 and 13 AD, this temple was constructed by Vastupal and Tejpal. The decoration of the temple has been done with marbles and this really delivers an awesome view of the temple. Moreover, the lush green valley has complemented the beauty of the temple. The fine decoration and unique construction of marble ceiling will definitely surprise you.
- Trevors Tank: For the nature lovers, this place is just perfect. This spot is situated at a distance of 5 km from the city. This place has become a popular picnic spot among the tourists.
- Nakki Lake: Nakkin Lake is the most popular travel destination for all the tour lovers to Mount Abu. This place is like a heaven for the nature lovers. The lake is quarter a mile wide and nearly half a mile long. Here you will get the view of Toad Rock which has enhanced the beauty of this place.
- Wildlife Sanctuary in Mount Abu: There is no doubt that whenever you are looking for getting the view of wildlife, then it is suggested to go for a trip to wildlife sanctuary in Mount Abu. The area is filled with huge varieties of flora and fauna. The area is covered about 290 sq km and this place is a heaven for birds. Hence, bird lovers will get to know about various birds of different species. Apart from birds, this place is also a safe place for varieties of animals such as mangoes, Indian hare, Hyena, Jackal, Jungle Cat, Pangolin, Wild Boar and many more.
- Achalgarh Village: While you stroll through Mount Abu, you should not miss to visit the lovely village known as Achalgarh. The picturesque beauty of the nature can be easily noticed here. Once you visit here, you should not miss to visit Achalgarh Fort and Achaleswar Temple. The fort is situated at the top of the mountain. The famous Jain temple is just 10 minute climb from the village. This place not only popular for its exotic scenic beauty but also this place has its own historic value.
Well, those above are top six travel spots in Mount Abu, which must be visited while you are planning to spend your holidays in Mount Abu.