After all the noise and glamour of your wedding celebrations, you now need some cosy two sometime together. What’s better than heading off for a romantic honeymoon tour where you won’t be disturbed by anyone? Are there really such spots in India?
You bet there are. In fact, here we list the top 10 best honeymoon resorts in India for you to choose from. Remember that when you choose them, you will be choosing serenity, beauty, miles of no one around the two of you and glorious experiences. Is there anything else that can keep the two of you happy?
Choose from the following honeymoon resorts and have unforgettable memories of your honeymoon:
1. The Windflower Resort & Spa in Coorg, Tamil Nadu: In the midst of a coffee estate in Coorg, Tamil Nadu, is this 25 acre property called Windflower Coorg, a renowned honeymoon resort. It faces a twinkling lake, has private waterfalls, a refreshing spa and an outdoor infinity pool. Open your windows and catch the breathtaking views of the verdant green hills in the distance. Not far away, you can visit the Nagarhole National Park and the Abbey Waterfalls.
2. Suryavilas Luxury Spa & Resort, Himachal Pradesh: What strikes a honeymooning couple here is the strikingly different architecture here. Suryavilas is designed in the Balinese tradition of architecture, plus it is equipped with the latest technology and amenities.
One of the best spa resorts in Himachal Pradesh, Suryavilas is known for its indulgent treatments and holistic therapies, including Ayurveda. It has a multi-cuisine restaurant which serves various cuisines to appeal to the international traveller.
3. Park Hyatt Resort & Spa, Goa: If Goa is your honeymoon destination, drive into Park Hyatt Resort & Spa. Laced with luxury, this honeymoon spot is one of the best in Goa. And why not? It is set dramatically on an area of 45 acres comprising refreshing lagoons, gardens and waterways.
Designed in the Indo-Portuguese style, it’s just right for letting in romance in your life. The old world charm of this destination will help both of you relax with each other and enjoy all the conveniences around you, apart from glorious Nature at her best and oodles of serenity.
4. Oberoi Udaivilas, Udaipur: Enter the real world and enjoy your honeymoon in royal style at the Oberoi Udaivilas. This hotel offers you luxury never known before, and exceeds all your expectations in every sphere.
The Oberoi Udaivilas is nothing short of a palace, and you feel the regal air all around you. The sprawling courtyards, the domed palaces with a lake view, nine swimming pools and a wildlife sanctuary on a 20-acre area are all there for you to explore and enjoy. Could you ask for more? Enjoy the splendour of the Udaivilas and take home cameras full of photos of your splendid stay here.
5. The Oberoi Vanyavilas, Ranthambhore: This honeymoon destination offers you unparalleled luxury and conveniences that you could only get in the land of the royals–Rajasthan. Very near to the Ranthambhore Tiger Reserve, you can enjoy a safari here or a night visit. The hotel is spread across a 20-acre area and is home to various bird and animal habitats. An evening torch-lit walk has its own charm followed by divine Rajasthani, national or international cuisine of your choice. Spot wildlife from the hotel, or slip into the spa for a refreshing time, or enjoy any of the hotel’s signature spa treatments. If you want to enjoy every moment of your honeymoon, Oberoi Vanyavilas is the place to be.
6. Tree of Life Resort & Spa, Jaipur: One of India’s top boutique resorts, the Tree of Life Resort & Spa is tucked away from the hustle and bustle of Jaipur’s city life. Here, you can unwind and get all the serenity you’ve been looking for.
Nestled among the beautiful and majestic Aravali Hills, this resort consists of 13 villas, each with its own name. Enjoy all the luxuries here and get to know each other as you relax at the spa and take in all the delights of the resort.
7. Blackberry Hills Retreat & Spa, Munnar: Be part of Nature’s beauty while the two of you escape from the humdrum life as you check into the Blackberry Hills Retreat & the Spa for your very own honeymoon. This resort in beautiful Munnar, Kerala, has lush green tea estates and gives you a ringside view of the hills that overlook the tropical forest area and the nearby Pallivasal valley.
You and your bride can go mountain biking, bird watching, painting, go trekking or do your own thing. But don’t miss a tea tree trek and tea tasting sessions.
8. Le Pondy, Pondicherry: A premier luxury resort situated at the estuary between the Bay of Bengal and Chunnambar River. Here, you can enjoy the true spirit of Pondicherry in all its splendour, spirit, beauty and superb and unique architecture.
It’s superbly appointed rooms with sea and lake views are defining features of luxurious comfort. Explore the private beach where you can enjoy all its leisure options. Spend your honeymoon here and take in all its pleasures.
9. Barefoot at Havelock, Andamans: The setting of this honeymoon resort is exclusive in the Andamans–Beach No. 7. Situated among tropical forests with nothing but a clear blue sky and deep blue water all around you, this island hotel is a gem in the ocean.
If you and your spouse love water sports, you can indulge in a variety of them here. Dive into the blue waters and discover the marine mystique. The mesmerizing air all around you here is something you aren’t going to forget for a long time.
10. The Naini Retreat, Nainital: Live in a palace in Nainital and catch the majestic hill view of Uttarakhand. You can do this if you check in at the Naini Retreat, the Maharaja of Pilbhit’s former residence.
Situated 2000 meters above sea level, this retreat gives you a clear view of the Naini Lake and the entire scenic landscape of Nainital. At this destination, you’re treated like royalty. Take your spouse here and treat her royally too.
These 10 honeymoon destinations, each as unique as your own personality, will offer you pleasures that you will never forget even generations later. Choose any one from these and enjoy the time you have.