Northern India, is known to be the land of several hill stations which can acts as a great getaways for the people in and around of Delhi. The 2 major states which act as a home to maximum hill station of India are Uttarakhand & Himachal Pradesh. Both these states are known for offering amazing summer holiday destinations for people across India and abroad too. We are presenting the list of 8 attractive Hill Stations of Northern India which are worth visiting.
- Nainital: Nainital is an amazing hill station located in the Indian state of Uttarakhand and is the headquarters of Nainital district. It is popular in the name of Lake District of India and offers breathtaking mountain views. The town is developed surround the famous Naina Lake. You can visit Nainital between Marchs to May & December to February.
- Shimla: Shimla is capital city of the state of Himachal Pradesh and undoubtedly one of the iconic hill stations of India. Because of its outstanding and mesmerizing beauty Shimla is popular as “Queen of Hills”. Enjoy the ride on toy train between Kalka and Shimla and you will get the chance to explore the true beauty of Shimla.
- Manali: Manali is a picturesque hill station which is nestled in between the mountains of the state of Himachal Pradesh. This hill station is positioned in the end of Kullu Valley. The mountain peaks which are covered with snow will sooth your eyes completely and make you fall in love with this place.
- Almora: If you love hills then Almora is one such destination which is must for you to visit at least once in a lifetime. This hill station is located in the district of Uttarakhand. Almora is popular for its exceptional beauty offering panoramic view Himalayas. There are many temples which are located in this hill station which you will love visiting.
- Dharamshala: This hill station is located in the Kangra district of Himachal Pradesh. It acts as a gateway to the Kangra valley. You will get the chance to explore many ancient temples, churches as well as monasteries apart from enjoying the mountain views of this place.
- Srinagar: Words will fell short if we try to explain the beauty of Srinagar. It’s a god’s city located in the Indian state of Jammu and Kashmir. It is located by the side of Jhelum River, which is a tributary of River Indus, as well as Dal and Anchar lakes. Make sure to enjoy your ride on the beautifully crafted house boats
- Mount Abu: Mount Abu one of the popular hill stations located in Aravalli Range of Sirohi district in the Indian state of Rajasthan. This is only one hill station of India which is located in hot Rajasthan deserts but will offer you great retreat.
- Mussoorie: Mussoorie one of the most visited hill station of Dehradun district which is again a part of Uttarakhand State. This Hill station is located at the top of Garhwal Mountains having an altitude of 1880 m. Lal Tibba is the highest pick of Mussoorie. It is known to be the gateway for Yamunotri and Gangotri